Students: If you wish to find a job or renew an existing work permit, please pay attention to the following. Our process for issuing or renewing work permits has changed.
Please read the SBUSD Work Permits 2020-2021 document.
Work Permit Basic Process:
- Find a job.
- Print the SBUSD Work Permit Application B1-1 Form and complete Student and Parent sections
- Have your Employer complete their section
- Drop off the completed and signed Work Permit Application form to the Counseling Office.
- You will be notified when the Official Work Permit is complete (within 3-4 days).
- Return it to your employer.
- Maintain 2.0 GPA, including no failing classes, and good attendance to keep your permit active. This still applies to Distance Learning model.
* If your GPA drops below 2.0, then you will be placed on probation and must increase your GPA above 2.0 by the next grading period.