One of the many reasons that students look forward to college is the opportunity to play sports for their school.
College-bound student-athletes preparing to enroll in a Division I or Division II school need to register with the NCAA Eligibility Center to ensure they have met amateurism standards and are academically prepared for college coursework.
In the Fall of 2021 a representative from SBCC's counseling department gave an in-depth presentation on college athletics to SB Unified students. You can watch the video here:
Additional useful resources:
- NCAA Eligibility Center
- NCAA Eligibility Quick Reference Guide
- Registration Instructions for the NCAA Eligibility Center
- Are You On Track? Division I and II Worksheet
- High School List of NCAA-approved Courses (SM CEEB Code= 053272)
- About the NAIA
- NAIA Eligibility Center
- NAIA Guide for the College-Bound Student Athlete