Jobs and Internships
Are you interested in applying for a job now or in the near future?
Paid Internships with Partners in Education. Students who successfully complete the 7-week virtual training program earn a $150 stipend and have the opportunity to be matched with paid internships at local organizations. The opportunity is now available to high school juniors and seniors at public high schools across Santa Barbara County. Students can apply here: http://partners.sbceo.
View our list of Jobs for Students.
Students: If you wish to find a job or renew an existing work permit, please pay attention to the following. Our process for issuing or renewing work permits has changed.
Please read the SBUSD Work Permits 2020-2021 document.
Work Permit Basic Process:
Find a job.
- Print the SBUSD Work Permit Application B1-1 Form and complete Student and Parent sections
- Have your Employer complete their section
- Drop off the completed and signed Work Permit Application form to the Counseling Office.
- You will be notified when the Official Work Permit is complete (within 3-4 days).
- Return it to your employer.
- Maintain 2.0 GPA, including no failing classes, and good attendance to keep your permit active. This still applies to Distance Learning model.
* If your GPA drops below 2.0, then you will be placed on probation and must increase your GPA above 2.0 by the next grading period.