Financial Aid

The first step in the financial aid process is often to determine whether to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application (CADAA). Students complete only one of these applications; never both. Even if you don't think you will qualify for financial aid, several loans, grants, and scholarships require that you complete a FAFSA or Dream Act Application.

Free Application for Federal Student Aid FAFSA | Create your FSA ID

Complete the FAFSA by the March 2nd deadline in order to qualify for all Federal and State scholarships, grants and loans.

California Dream Act Application The California Dream Act Information & Application   

AB 540 is a California law that allows students, including undocumented students, who have attended a high school in California for at least three years and graduated or attained the equivalent of a high school diploma, to pay in-state tuition to attend California public colleges or universities. You can review whether you're eligible to apply visiting the California Study Aid Commission website or by clicking here.

 To complete the FAFSA, students and their guardians will need:

  • Your Social Security Number
  • Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
  • Your most recent federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
  • Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
  • Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
  • An FSA ID to sign electronically. If you have not already done so, go to to create a FSA ID before you fill out the FAFSA.

There is a wealth of information regarding financial aid programs and scholarships on the internet. Please be aware that you should not have to pay money to apply for financial aid including scholarships. If a site is requesting money, it is a scam!

Additional Information: