San Marcos High School

Skip to main content
Steps to become a Royal » Steps to become a Royal

Steps to become a Royal

How do I know which high school I am supposed to attend?
If you live in San Marcos' attendance area:
  • SM counselors will be visiting Goleta Valley, La Colina, La Cumbre and Santa Barbara Junior High Schools in March and April with class registration information and paperwork. Enrollment paperwork will be distributed as well. Parents, please make copies of your student’s birth certificate and immunization records. You will need to submit copies of these documents, along with copies proving residency, with the completed enrollment packet.
If you do not live in the San Marcos attendance area:
Junior High Feeder School Visits
  • If you live in the SM attendance area, or enter on a transfer and attend a feeder school, as mentioned above, SM counselors will be visiting your school. Dates TBD.

If you are entering SM from a private school or other district:
  • If you live in SM’s attendance area, enrollment packets may be picked up from the registrar’s office (hours 8 am – 3 pm, Monday through Friday). Once completed, packets may be returned beginning Monday, March 9th. If you have questions, please contact the registrar’s office at 967-4581 x5534.
  • If you live outside of SM’s attendance area, please refer to the District’s Transfer information. Once your transfer is approved, please contact the registrar’s office at 967-4581 x5534.
  • Scheduling sessions to register for classes will be held in April and May. Dates TBD.