2018-2019 Applications November 5, 2018 - November 16, 2018
All new and returning members must complete and submit the 4 components of the application by November 16, 2018 at 3:04 pm.
To apply for membership you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Sophomore, Junior, or Senior
- Have attended at SMHS for at least one semester
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA
- Demonstrate an exemplary history of community service that extends beyond San Marco’s required hours.
- Demonstrate a history of good character in the following areas
- Six Pillars of Character: trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
Required Application Components due November 16, 2018 in D-6
- A thoughtfully completed print application submitted in D-6 to Mrs. Bogatz.
- Submit $10 non-refundable dues to the business office and turn in the receipt with your paper application. (Payment will only be accepted by the business office.)
- Go to the National Honor Society page on the SMHS Website and complete the Transcript Request Form.
- Have 2 Faculty Recommendations completed on your behalf explaining how the applicant embodies the NHS Six Pillars of Character. (All staff receive the recommendation form digitally and submit recommendations directly to the NHS application board )
If you have questions please contact:
- Please see Mrs. Bogatz, NHS Admissions Coordinator, in room D-6 (or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions and to submit paperwork.
- Please see Ms. Power, NHS Volunteer Coordinator, in room D-9 (or by e-mail at email@example.com) with any questions about community service requirements.