California Scholarship Federation
Advisor: Ms. Keene, firstname.lastname@example.org
4 semesters of of membership (one from grades as a senior) are required to obtain lifetime sealbearer status and recognition at graduation.
You must re-apply each semester.
CSF is a statewide organization which honors outstanding high school students. Four semesters (two terms equals one semester and one semester must be from the senior year’s grades) of membership during grades 10, 11, and 12 earns a student the title of “Sealbearer”. Sealbearers are rewarded with: recognition in the graduation program, a gold cord worn during ceremonies, a gold seal on your diploma, and acknowledgment at the senior awards ceremony.
Students are responsible for applying for CSF membership using the application form. Be sure to check the class breakdown list to see how many points each class earns you.
(CSF applications below)
ATTENTION GRADUATING SENIORS: There will be a list of membership posted the second week of MAY, 2017 outside Ms. Keene's classroom (E11). If you are on the membership list you will need to collect your chords/tassel for graduation. All lifetime members will also have a CSF sticker on their diploma.
Retroactive membership is NEVER granted
CSF membership application periods are as follows.
1. For spring semester (Terms 3 & 4), membership applications are accepted in September of the following school year.
2. For fall semester (Terms 1 & 2), membership applications are accepted in February, after final grades are issued.
To qualify for CSF Membership:
1. You must earn at least 10 points from the previous semester
A. At least 4 points must be from LIST I.
B. At least 7 points (including 4 above) must be from LISTS I & II.
C. The remaining points may come from any LIST (I, II, or III).
2. You may use no more than 5 grades to qualify.
3. No CSF points are given for PE, courses taken instead of PE, courses involving clerking, and office/teaching assisting, and courses taken on a pass/fail basis.
4. CSF points are granted as follows:
A grade of A = 3*
A grade of B = 1*
A grade of C = 0 (in ANY course)
A grade of D or F in any course disqualifies you from membership at this time only.
*One additional point shall be granted for a grade of A or B in an AP, GATE or Honors course, up to a maximum of two such points per semester.
1. You must reapply for membership each application period.
2. Retroactive membership may not be granted to any student who has failed to take advantage of the opportunity to become a member.
3. A non-refundable FEE OF $6.00 IS DUE AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION. You turn in your money to the business office.
4. You MUST attach copies of your appropriate term report cards or a current transcript for application to be complete. Incomplete applications will NOT be processed.
Questions? Contact Kelly Keene, email@example.com