Dedicated to Character, Leadership and Service
- 10th, 11th, or 12th grade
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 for two terms, and maintain that average (or better) to remain a member of NHS
- Minimum of 2 hours of community service each year. These must be in addition to the hours you complete for SMHS graduation. You must have an NHS community service verification form.
- Fill in an application (click the link to download a pdf of the application)
- Turn in the completed application, copy of SMHS transcript, and the receipt for $5.00 to Mr. Holdren in D-6 (pay your $5 to the Business Office and give Mr Holdren the receipt)
- Deadline: November 1
- Applicants will be notified of their acceptance by the end of October
- A formal induction ceremony is scheduled for new members. All members and their families are invited to attend. There will be a guest speaker and information will be provided regarding community service opportunities and future NHS activities.