Open: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM-3:30 PM
Community Service Hours:
-  All students can submit volunteer hours two times a year.
-  Once the student has turned in hours for a specific time period he/she may not add any additional hours to that time period.
-  Any signatures not verified by the non-profit agency will not be accepted.
- To receive a high school diploma, a minimum of 60 hours must be completed and turned into the Career Center 14 days before graduation day
- A minimum of 200 hours must be completed to receive the Community Service Excellence Award and turned into the Career Center 28 days before the Senior Awards Ceremony.
Community Service Guidelines:
- It must be a safe activity directed by a non-profit organization (those with a 501(C)(3) tax-exempt I.D. number from the IRS).
- It must be a service for which you are not paid or otherwise given credit.
- The agency or organization may not profit monetarily from your service.
- Volunteer Activities which currently do not appear on the Pre-Approved Community Service Opportunities List require approval by a Community Service Coordinator or SMHS Administrator.
- Community Service maximum hour-per-day guidelines shall be aligned with the CA labor laws specifying that a minor may not work (and receive credit) for more than 8 hours per day.
- Students may not receive community service credit for volunteer work in private homes due to safety and liability issues.
- A non-profit supervisor may not sign for hours performed by their own child.